Bible verses about good luck!
Do things happen by chance or is everything under the sovereignty of God? Let’s explore the concept of luck and, with examples from the Bible and some Bible verses about good luck.
Ecclesiastes 9:11-12 suggests that events may seem to be a matter of luck or chance from an earthly perspective, but they are ultimately under God’s control.
2 Chronicles 18:33 and the book of Ruth ( Ruth 2:3 ) illustrate that what may appear to be chance occurrences are actually a part of God’s plan.
Proverbs 16:33 suggest that even the random results of casting lots or tossing a coin are ultimately under God’s control.
Everything that happens is under God’s sovereignty, whether through His active or passive will, and Christians can trust that God works all things together for good for those who love Him.
So, in short, there is no such thing as luck or chance as everything is under God’s sovereignty.
The Bible does offer guidance on how we can experience God’s blessings and favor. Here are some Bible verses that may be relevant to your search:
Bible verses about good luck
- Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV): Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
- Matthew 6:33 (NIV): But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
- Numbers 6:24-26 (NIV): “The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.”
- Philippians 4:13 (NIV): I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
- Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV): “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
I hope these verses provide you with a better understanding of how the Bible approaches the concept of blessings and favor or what some may consider good luck although we know now this is just God’s sovereignty.